analytics

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Things I don't like: Charity Theft

On Saturday morning I did my run to the few charity shops around my neighborhood. With my small budget, charity shops are the way to go in finding something different to wear (I desperately need new clothes) and something cheap. While in my favourite shop, I was appalled to see a middle aged man in a suite stuff items in his bag.

I am not adverse to stealing a few bits here and there from corporations. I wouldn't do it myself, but if you're a little old lady surviving on a pension Tescos or Safeway isn't going to miss those batteries in your pocket. But this was a CHARITY SHOP with few clothes and barely surviving and this guy was in a suite and picking out not just one or two items, but six or seven. How greedy!

I didn't say anything to the shopkeeper who was helping other customers at the front of the store. I felt bad for not even trying to give the shopkeeper the 'eyes' or telling him after the thief left the small shop. I didn't want to be a snitch, but I was then riddled with guilt for the rest of the weekend for not saying anything and vowed that if I saw the guy on the street I would go up to him and call him a thief to his face. Needless to say I didn't buy anything on Sunday because I felt a bit disheartened by him and with myself!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails