analytics

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The hunt is on.



So it's early February and I thought for sure I would be working by now. I know I should be diligently reading What Color is your Parachute at my father's recommendations and cashing in on my connections to find that perfect role, but I am not. Instead I am looking at what's out there (there is more than last week) and applying to many various places via the net. There are some roles I would be perfect for. I know just sending out your resume is not what one is really supposed to do. I know I should be calling places, getting my foot in the door, following up, but part of me is discouraged. Part of me is in flux and so I apply, surf here and there, blog, and try to walk everyday with Noey. I had a scary dream last night of Haiti, I was trying to stop people from hurting themselves.
I am trying to live a good life. Noey and I went on a nature walk on Sunday after a fantastic party in Portrero Hill (maybe my future neighborhood) where we took silly photos. We found a mushroom family (see picture below) on our walk and it's so nice to be in the California nature (see above).




I hope that one place of the 10 positions I've applied to this morning will ring me and I will go on an interview and they shall see that I am worth it, that they should hire me, because I am (I keep telling myself)! And as backup I have the foreign service exam coming up.

I also have great friends. Samantha is jetting off to New York fashion week and gladly offered up her city pad and so I will go there to enjoy SF in its center (with a pool and hot tub).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails