analytics

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dante's Inferno

I was pretty uncultured while in London except for when my friend Rose booked us in to see this temporary exhibit under the Waterloo tube station entitled Dante's Inferno. Tired from a day of shopping I almost passed, but I am so glad I went along in the end. We got lost on the way, and being an American and all, I complained a bit to the proprietor upon entering, 'But that's part of the experience' she replied as we walked toward a full screen barking pit bull. Favorite pieces included this ever bubbling film mirrored in oil entitled 'The Heretics Gate', which looked like sun or water or hell (we were mesmerized), a huge double sized etching in a wall of Bernie Madoff (the epitome of evil) entitled 'Bernie Made Off' and glowing gold ships suspended in air, as if they were on their way to a ghost battle, to a far away land.








Better photos of the exhibit here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails