analytics

Monday, March 30, 2009

Home sweet home




Weddings are joyful, beautiful and ritualistic. One is able to dance, to eat (in this case eat great food) and the champagne/wine is constantly flowing. One gets to be with their 'people' and catch up with old friends, what more could one really ask for? I had the best time at my friend Miceala's wedding, she's an old high school friend that I've so happily kept in touch with over the years. Miceala looked so beautiful in her dress and Chris, her beau took his brother's toast, I mean ROAST, pretty well. The bridesmaids did a dance with the bride that we practiced over and over and that I had to learn in two days, but it went really well.

Not only did I have a smashing time at the wedding, the week after and before were definitely worth the plane ride. One day alone I spent quality time, albiet a bit too short of time, with six different people. It was nice to see my grandparents although my grandmother was ill in the hospital, but I think it made her feel better when I showed her my crazy high heels for the wedding. And because she was ill my father had stuck around to make sure she was alright before heading off to China so I was able to have dinner with him. It was also good to see one of my cousins, whom I haven't seen for years and his sister and I spent a nice time on a walk by the lake.

I enjoyed driving in Cali, seeing spring pass me by through my window. I was actually a bit nervous since it had been 9 months since I was behind the wheel as I walk everywhere in London. Walking for leisure is lovely around my neighborhood in Cali; at Lake Chabot and in Lafeyette where I met my friend Joanne. She told me she is becoming a shaman, she wants to be a healer. I told her she was already one in my book as she does hair and makes everyone feel good.

I love Cali. I miss friends and family already, but the good thing is I know I can always go home!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails